Welcome back to my continuing series of horrific war photos, inspired by the hope that if people knew how awful war really was they would be less likely to send their children off to them. Today’s chapter…”Ruined War Machines Full of Dead Bodies”. WAR NO MORE.
An open-minded wander here may find you soaked sunhat-to-sandal in fake blood from the decapitated head of a Tony Abbott effigy.
Wow. What an amazing city. Sydney is maybe the best city I have ever seen…clean, beautiful, packed w/ happy people…spent the morning walking/ferry riding w/ Derks all over the place…can’t tell you guys how cool it is and how lucky I am to have this life…thank you :)
HAPPENING NOW [VERY IMPORTANT]: Venezuela’s soldiers are killing their people. The Government is sending their armed gangs to kill them and they have censored all the media in their country, even blocking photos posted on social media sites. They shut down all the cable channels that broadcast news, so they can’t know what’s going on. The people have no source of protection at all. Students are protesting to save their country and their lives at this very moment. All they have are their social networks to get the word out so, PLEASE RE-BLOG THIS AND SPREAD THE WORD. VENEZUELA IS ON THE BRINK OF A CIVIL WAR AND CLOSE TO BECOMING A FULL COMMUNIST DICTATORSHIP. THEIR PEOPLE NEED YOUR HELP. —— Please, this is very important to me, one of my closest friends went to visit family in Venezuela over winter break and they won’t let him come back to Florida. We’re graduating in a few months and it hurts me to know that his baseball career and all of his hard work and dedication to his grades here in the U.S. was all for nothing. Please.
OTHER INFORMATION AND LINKS:
use the hashtags pictured at the top of this post on your social networking sites to connect and help spread the word, thank you so much! x
one of my friends is in the middle of this shit right now and it’s terrifying, she said their twitters are getting blocked so they can’t share info, their murder rate is the second highest in the world and none of the murderers go to jail because they’re government supporters, they can’t find basic household items or food in their supermarkets, their economy has plummeted, inflation increased over 50% in the two months since 2014 started, airlines have basically left the country because the govt owes them so much money, they have no access to cars or car parts, they can’t cross any borders because their govt controls them and no one is helping them.
it is fucking pissing me off that no one is helping them when they’re asking for it and need it so much. And I am so frustrated that theres not more I can do than share things like this to spread the word, that I just have to hope enough people see it that something gets done.
Ugh…after a 30-hour trip we have finally arrived safely in Brisbane. Totally knackered and have a huge day tomorrow so I am not going to write much except to say that I am going to sleep very well tonight!
And so it begins! Our epic journey to Australia, Japan and all points in between has started. And I have all manner of electric and manual gadgets to keep me busy as I bounce and glide across the world. One of these things is my iPhone, and I will be using it to continue sharing from my collection of war photos and also the experience in general. Of the trip, not the war…I have been lucky to never have been in one. My parents couldn’t say the same. I haven’t figured how to caption the shots individually from the mobile yet, so the list of captions is below.
1) On the way to the airport. Note Brent’s nice chops.
I am entitling this 2nd chapter “Victims” The first one was called “Random Death”
2) Ethiopian regulars lay dead after battle with invading Italian troops. This picture looks staged. But they are definitely dead.
3) German soldier lays dead in the mud. This was a photo for Life magazine.
4) A German officer prepares for his next, and final, assignment. Russian Front.
5) Mass carnage that followed an Allied firebombing of what I would guess would be a Japanese city. So much for keeping it to military targets. But so-called righteous men will justify this by saying that in total war, civilians become a military target. I say war is bullshit. Actually this looks more like Russian dead at a collection point. Some live people are in the background, probably identifying bodies. It’s hard to imagine how these people died…they are possibly victims of an SS “Einsatzgruppe”- a death squad which gathered the “undesirables” of any conquered region, and put them to work or death.
6) Russian army regulars lie dead at their machine gun position. The gun in the background is a Maxim water-cooled .30 caliber, with wheels and shield.
7) Many Nazi’s preferred suicide to Russian occupation. They often brought their families with them to eternity. Berlin, 1945.
8) Blasted German, going by the tunic, straps (blown off his body) and especially the pocket. Slain in a trench where he was probably cowering in terror before he died.
9) More of the same. The hole you dug was your salvation, but sometimes became your tomb.
10) Red Army tankers, cut-down after bailing out of what looks like a T-34.
NEXT! Destroyed Vehicles
Looks like the pro’s got 2 great shots of me milliseconds from Agony of Victory. Thanks to everyone who supported this insane ritual. Your turn next year. We raised $3050 for the DC Special Olympics!
Way to go pal!!! Happy birthday as well!
Damn! Check out all these cool bands we are playing with at Soundwave, the huge festival run of Australia we are getting ready to go on. There are a couple of dates in Japan after that and I can’t wait. It’s the first time we have ever been there (Japan, that is)—I know, crazy, but no promoter has ever given us a deal where we could afford to do it…until now. A remarkable cultural interface is ready to occur as GWAR and Japan meet face-to-face for the first time!